NEW Special Needs Program for the 2024 Season!
Players, ages 4 to 15, with different developmental, social and emotional abilities and their families will find a warm welcoming community in our coed Champions Program, now gearing up for its 24th season.
Head instructor, Chanel Champion, and her professional colleagues, have created a dynamic new program especially designed to meet the needs of each participant.
We anticipate forming three coed groups: Dribblers ages 4 – 7; Hoopsters ages 8 – 11; and Hot Shots, ages 12 – 15. Sub-groups will be determined by various factors –size, ability, social concerns—and will be mutually agreed upon by coaches and parents.
Dates, time and location
Dates: Sunday, January 28 to Sunday, March 24.
Time: 40-minute sessions will be scheduled between 9:30am and 12:30pm
Location: PS 84 on West 92nd Street between Columbus and Central Park West
- Professional staff
- Everyone welcome; all levels
- Individual attention
- Best Buddy system: volunteers will partner with players in order to boost their athletic, social and communication skills
- Scholarship assistance available
- Full fee: $175 Tax-deductible contributions above this amount are appreciated
- Partial Scholarship: Reduced fee of $75
- Full Scholarships are available for players in the Champions Division. Submit scholarship request form
Special Needs/Champions Division Registration
- Register online through LeagueApps
- To register by mail: please download our Champions Division Mail-in Registration form.
- For full scholarship: download and submit the Scholarship Request Form.
Families tell us
Our son… has been a participant in the Safe Haven basketball program for about 15 years. He has made friends there, learned an athletic skill and started to understand the fundamentals of teamwork. If you’re not involved in this, your child is missing out.
My grandson has been playing basketball with Safe Haven for at least six years. In addition to acquiring significant skills in the sport, he has learned sportsmanship, teamwork, and what commitment means. I am very grateful for the opportunity to spend time with other parents, learn about other resources from them, and be supported… I have so much fun cheering on every single player… I am also thankful for the scholarship assistance.