Winter League Recreational Team Play
Boys and girls ages 8 (born in 2011) to 18 who are full-time students in public, private or parochial schools are eligible to join the Safe Haven West Side Basketball League.
For Special Needs Champions Division eligibility see our Champions Division page.
- Full Fee: $175. Tax-deductible contributions above this amount provide scholarship assistance and are very much appreciated.
- Partial scholarship: Reduced fee of $75.
- Full scholarship: Available to players who attend elementary or middle public schools and to Special Needs Champions Division. Before creating an account or registering your child, completed either a mail-in registration form or fill out our Scholarship Request Form. Upon acceptance of your request, you will be sent instructions regarding official registration and a required payment of $10 administrative fee.
- Refunds: Full refund of credit card payments can be issued prior to start of program. Once program has started, refunds will be issued at the discretion of the director.
Payment for programs must be made at the time of registration.
Instruction, assessments, formation of teams
|Weekend of December 7, 14 and 21:||Instruction, assessments, teams formed|
|December 28 & 29:||Holiday break; no program|
|Weekend of January 4 – March 14:||Regularly scheduled games and clinics|
|*Players age 8/grade 3 start January 4, 2020|
- Online registration is available through our LeagueApps system.
- If you choose to register by mail, please download our Mail-in Registration form.
Mail & Drop off
Mail or drop off hard copy forms:
Safe Haven West Side Basketball League
c/o Copy Experts
2440 Broadway, Box 257, New York, NY 10024.
Copy Experts is located on Broadway at 90th Street and is open every day.